Tree Worker- Vic Council
Job no: 492266
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Chipper, EWP Operator
Tree Worker Utilities – Safely operate wood-chipping machines & vegetation management equipment
Melbourne Inner Suburbs
- Job security in a dynamic and sustainable industry
- Competitive wages and overtime on offer
- Training and the opportunities to build a successful, diverse and challenging career
We’re Australia's largest and most innovative vegetation management company. Great people have driven our operations across Australia for over 40-yrs. We now employ over 800 team members and continue to grow. We work to protect, beautify and keep safe our communities through the provision of world-class tree care services. Our business is to value, nurture and support the people that do our work.
At Active you'll become a valued and respected member of our tree-management team. You’ll get the opportunity to learn how to safely operate state-of-the-art equipment and machinery to trim, dismantle and clear trees in a wide range of challenging environments in our council division. You’ll have to think and problem solve, but we will make sure you are given the best tools, training and support to do your job well.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to work outside
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Take safety seriously
- Support their work mates
- Want to learn and improve everyday
- Make their own decisions
- Care about the community and other workers.
If you’re looking for a chance to move your work outside and have an interest in operating Chainsaws, Wood Chippers, Elevated Work Platforms, and other Specialist machinery then we’d like to meet you. A Class-C driver’s licence & HR truck licence is required. Previous industry experience is highly desirable.
What's in it for you?
- Job and income security - The role is full-time, with the opportunity for overtime and living away from home trips
- Once fully trained and qualified you’ll be set for the future in an industry that never slows down.
- Work outdoors as part of small independent teams and experience new and challenging environments
- When we find talent, we foster it - 90% of Active managers started their career on the tools.
To find out what it’s like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
Please note: all shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend