General Manager - VIC Councils
Job no: 492338
Work type: Permanent full time
Keeping our Communities Safe & Green
- Safety – Home Safe Everyday
- Team Work – We Deliver
- Innovation – Strive for Better
- Respect – Respect for All
We are looking to appoint a General Manager to oversee our Victoria Council and Commercial contracts. This is a rare opportunity to work at a leadership level with Active Tree Services - a company renowned for its safety, team work, innovation and respect for all.
We pride ourselves on our people, our safety record, our long and successful history and the opportunities we offer our team members. Active donates 10% of our profits every year to charities and other not for profit organisations.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the role will involve leading and managing the Victoria Councils business unit which consists of over 60 directly employed team members and 30 plus sub-contractor team members. Our Vic Councils business includes around a dozen local government contracts and is well positioned to achieve continued growth over the years ahead.
You will be responsible for ensuring all contractual and commercial results are achieved. You must ensure that client relations are maintained at the highest level and any concerns are dealt with quickly and professionally. You will bring to the role a proven ability to produce competitive tender documents together with a reputation for building and maintaining excellent client relations.
We are looking for a leader with a focus on the following:
- Commitment to building a safe work culture.
- Sound commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent negotiator able to consistently achieve win – win outcomes.
- Proven experience in managing multiple service contracts.
- Compelling presentation and communication skills.
- An exceptional eye for detail whilst able to see the bigger picture.
- Outstanding leadership and team building capabilities.
- Solid track record of delivering financial results.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare tenders and win contracts.
What’s in it for you:
We’re offering a generous remuneration package that includes a market competitive base salary, fully maintained company vehicle and the opportunity to earn a substantial annual performance bonus. We’re also offering you the opportunity to work with a great company, to lead almost 100 team members, and experience working in some of the most beautiful locations throughout Victoria. You’ll be working in a business that genuinely cares for the people and the communities in which we work.
How to Apply
Please review the PDF Job Description attached and submit your up to date 2 to 3-page resume detailing your experience.
Visit our website activetreeservices.com.au and read some of our Employee Stories and learn a lot more about what it’s like to work at Active Tree Services.
If you know someone who may be interested in this job please email them this advertisement.
* Previous applicants are continuing to be reviewed and do not need to reapply *
General Manager - Vic Councils Job Description.pdf
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend