Vegetation Inspector/ Notifier- Queanbeyan
Job no: 492349
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Arborist, EWP Operator, Grounds Person
Determining the state of each item of vegetation within clearance and management zones near power lines
We’re Australia's largest and most innovative vegetation management company. Great people have driven our operations across Australia for over 40-yrs. We now employ over 800 team members and continue to grow. We work to protect, beautify and keep safe our communities through the provision of world-class tree care services. Our business is to value, nurture and support the people that do our work.
If you have experience in assessing vegetation growth, environmental conditions knowledge and the ability to identify and report on vegetation likely to encroach on local infrastructure, then Active Tree Services is looking for you.
At Active you'll become a valued and respected member of our tree-management team, responsible for determining the state of each item of vegetation within clearance and management zones around power lines by conducting detailed inspections in assigned contractual areas.
This full-time position is responsible for managing compliance, auditing vegetation and accurately recording all relevant information to assist our cutting crews.
You’ll have to think and problem solve, but we will make sure you are given the best tools, training and support to do your job well.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to work outside
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Take safety seriously
- Want to learn and improve everyday
- Make their own decisions
- Care about the community and other workers.
- Industry experience in Horticulture or Arboriculture (minimum Cert III)
- Valid Drivers licence with a history of responsible driving
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately record information
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required
- Knowledge of local tree species, tree maintenance and tree removal methods
- Technologically savvy
- Physically fit & able to maintain consistent output throughout the working day
- Ability to work as part of a small team relying on each team member to achieve safety and productivity outcomes
- Mature outlook & good communication skills
What's in it for you?
- Job and income security - The role is full-time, with the opportunity for overtime and living away from home trips
- Once fully trained and qualified you’ll be set for the future in an industry that never slows down.
- Work outdoors as part of small independent teams and experience new and challenging environments
- When we find talent, we foster it - 90% of Active managers started their career on the tools.
To find out what it’s like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
To apply Click on the "Apply Now" button now.
Please note: all shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend