Arborist/Tree Worker - Yarra Ranges
Job no: 492665
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Arborist, Chipper, EWP Operator
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
We are looking for multiple Arborist/Tree Workers to join our team operating throughout the outer Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. You will be working with our council contracts team and the role will include all aspects of tree maintenance work.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications and experience in the industry. You will have the ability to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What we are looking for
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- White card
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence would be advantageous
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Cert II ESI is desirable
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
- Employment will be subject to successfully completing a pre-employment medical and screen
What can we offer you
- Full time permanent role with job security as an essential service
- Earn a competitive hourly rate (plus allowances) with the opportunity for overtime
- On the job training with the opportunity to gain formal qualifications where appropriate
- The chance to learn from supportive and skilled team members
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Access to innovative technology and equipment
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment and wildlife
- Active foster the development of their employees and always look to promote from within
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend