Tree Worker - Northern Suburbs
Job no: 492846
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
Categories: Chipper, EWP Operator, Grounds Person
We are seeking applications from individuals in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne (Ivanhoe and Heidelberg) who are interested in arboriculture and enjoy working outdoors. Working in a small team, as a Tree Worker you will:
- Learn how to operate and maintain a chainsaw.
- Learn how to safely operate and feed tree debris into a chipper machine.
- Learn how to safely operate an Elevated Work Platform and perform at heights tree trimming.
- Learn how to safely set up a work site, including minor traffic control.
- Lean to control and manage minor traffic.
- Work in a small team, rotating through duties
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- White card – is advantageous
- Flexibility to work in adverse weather conditions.
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- Previous work experience in arboriculture, horticulture or landscaping.
- A passion and respect for safety
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills.
You will be enthusiastic, motivated and willing to continually develop both professionally and personally.
What’s on offer:
- Full-time permanent positions available
- $30.00 per hour + competitive allowances and overtime available
- Work-life balance: 9-day fortnight
- Attain in demand licences and tickets (EWP Licence, Chainsaw ticket, Chipper operation ticket, control traffic, Provide First Aid)
- Attain a Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control
- All PPE and uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- Further on-the-job and formal development opportunities available.
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening. COVID-19 vaccine verification will be required for mandated states/contracts.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend