Business Unit Manager - Powerlines Divison
Job no: 492899
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Bathurst, Central Coast, Dubbo, Gosford, Goulburn, Hunter Valley, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs, Katoomba, Mona Vale, Morriset, Mt Kuring-Gai, Mudgee, Narellan, Newcastle, Northern Beaches and North Shore, NSW, Orange, Queanbeyan, Southern Sydney, Sydney, Waterloo
Categories: Management, Arborist
Australia's leading tree management company Active Tree Services has recently embarked on a significant expansion, and we are seeking a Business Unit Manager, Powerlines to help lead our New South Wales utilities contracts. Active Tree Services is renowned for its innovation, safety and 'Strive for Better' philosophy. We pride ourselves on our people, safety and the opportunities we offer our team members.
Reporting to the State Manager, this full-time role will involve managing day to day operations of our powerline utilities contract in New South Wales covering our depots in Morisset, Waterloo, Penrith, Queanbeyan, Bathurst and Tumut. You will be responsible for ensuring operational targets and related obligations are met while adhering to stringent safety standards and ensuring the welfare of our valued team.
You will be required to meet customer expectations, ensure the maintenance of plant and equipment, and manage a large number of teams that includes both direct team members and sub-contractors. This is a role for a proven leader who is equally committed to safety, workplace morale and achieving results.
What we need from you:
- Commitment to building and maintaining a safe work culture
- Experience in contract management through service contracts of facilities management
- Experience in financial and relationship management as well as negotiation and evaluation
- Demonstrated leadership and people management capability, ideally in an external multi-site environment undergoing substantial change and growth
- Experience working within a large third-party contract management organisation
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, conceptual and analytical skills
- A thorough and in-depth understanding of WHS legislation and Quality Assurance
- Current unrestricted Drivers Licence
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook)
- Industry experience and/or cert III in Arboriculture would be highly desirable
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with a carbon neutral generous organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
- Generous base salary plus superannuation and access to an incentivised bonus scheme
- Fully maintained company vehicle for work and personal use
- Laptop and phone provided
- Flexible working arrangements, including working from home
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to further build and grow your career within Active
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend