Arborist/Tree Worker- Council - Eastern Melbourne
Job no: 492379
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Arborist, EWP Operator
Arborist/Tree Worker – Safely trim trees using a Chainsaw & EWP on streets, parks and railway lines
Knox, Dandenong and Monash Areas, VIC
- Job security in a dynamic and sustainable industry
- Competitive wages and overtime on offer
- Training and the opportunities to build a successful, diverse and challenging career
We’re Australia's largest and most innovative vegetation management company. Great people have driven our operations across Australia for over 40-yrs. We now employ over 800 team members and continue to grow. We work to protect, beautify and keep safe our communities through the provision of world-class tree care services. Our business is to value, nurture and support the people that do our work.
You will be an essential part of our tree trimming crew, safely operating specialised equipment including elevated work platforms and chainsaws to trim and remove trees and vegetation within our council contracts. You will be part of a hardworking team who is committed to complying with contractual standards and operating equipment safely and effectively.
We’re looking for people who:
- Want to work outside
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Take safety seriously
- Want to learn and improve everyday
- Make their own decisions
- Care about the community and other workers.
- Industry experience in Horticulture or Arboriculture.
- Drivers 'C' Class Licence and ability to obtain a HR truck licence.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work away from home, including some weekends.
- High risk Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Licence- Highly desirable.
- The ability to work overtime when required.
What's in it for you?
- Job and income security - The role is full-time, with the opportunity for overtime and living away from home trips
- Once fully trained and qualified you’ll be set for the future in an industry that never slows down.
- Work outdoors as part of small independent teams and experience new and challenging environments
- When we find talent, we foster it - 90% of Active managers started their career on the tools.
To find out what it’s like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
Please note: all shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend