Climbing Arborist - Launceston
Job no: 492453
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Arborist, Climber
We are looking for a Climbing Arborist with a can-do attitude to join the Active team based out of Launceston.
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry with a future in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
This role covers Launceston and its surrounds.
You will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- Earn up to $36 per hour (including allowances) depending on experience, with the opportunity for overtime when available
- 7am – 4pm with RDO once a fortnight (work a 9-day fortnight)
- All PPE and uniforms provided including helmet & chainsaw pants
- Opportunities for training and development to progress your career within Active
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Cert III in Arboriculture (AQF3 or equivalent) and Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control are both highly desirable
- MR or HR class licence is an advantage, or have the willingness to gain one
- Complex tree climbing, Aerial Rigging & Aerial Rescue qualifications are desirable
- Chainsaw operation qualification/experience and Elevated Work Platform (EWP) licence is an advantage
- Open to the possibility of travel and working away from home
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend