Job no: 492736
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: NSW, Sydney
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
We are looking for a number of Climbers with a can-do attitude to join the Active team working in our NSW Commercial division across Western Sydney, the Blue Mountains and Southern Highlands.
Reporting into the Supervisor, as a qualified Climber you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices. Ideally you will also be experienced in the operation of an Elevated Work Platform to cut, trim and remove trees.
Induction and training will be provided. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- $34.44 to $36.79 per hour plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket is desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications are highly advantageous
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend