EWP/Chipper Operator – Launceston
Job no: 492884
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Chipper, EWP Operator, Grounds Person
This role will see you work within our powerlines division covering but not limited to the North East of Tasmania based out of Launceston. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
As a Chipper Operator you will be safely placing cut branches through our variety of Bandit Wood Chippers. Working in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw. In time you will learn to operate an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) to cut, trim and remove trees around powerlines.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career anywhere in Australia
- 8.5 hour shift from 7.00am to 4pm
- RDO one per fortnight
- Competitive hourly rate plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Full training and support from industry experts provided
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- Support from our Employee Assist Programme
- Certified carbon neutral organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence is mandatory
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence is desirable
- Flexibility to live away from home up to 3 or 4 months out of the year
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend