Traineeship Climber - Cert III Arboriculture
Job no: 492647
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Adelaide, Edwardstown, Murray Bridge
Categories: Arborist, Climber
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry with a future in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
A traineeship is a great way to kickstart your career, combining formal learning with on-the-job training. We are looking to support the next generation of climbers here in SA.
Active Tree Services is looking to invest in your career by offering a traineeship that will see you grow into a qualified climber with Cert III in Arboriculture. Majority of the work is around the Adelaide hills with opportunities to travel on LAHA to far west coast of Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, mid north, Riverland and down to the South Est of the state around Mount Gambier.
You will have a can-do attitude, want to work outdoors despite the weather and have a willingness to learn. Share a genuine interest in arboriculture or horticulture and not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work. You must have a valid unrestricted drivers licence.
What you will gain:
- Certificate III in Arboriculture
- On the job training with experienced Climbing Arborists
- White Card
- Line Clearance – UETTDREL14A – Working safely near live electrical apparatus as a non-electrical worker
- MR/HR licence
- Work Zone Traffic Management
- High risk work licence
- First aid and CPR
- Chainsaw operation qualification
- Elevated Work Platform licence
- Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control
- Aerial Rigging & Aerial Rescue qualifications
- Hourly rate plus allowances with the opportunity for overtime
- Daily travel allowance where applicable
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Tool allowance when applicable
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates may be required to attend a 3 hour assessment centre and will be required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend