Tree Worker - Electrical Earthing Person
Job no: 492679
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: NSW, Southern Sydney, Sydney
Categories: EWP Operator
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
We are looking for an experienced Tree Worker / Electrical Earthing Person with a can-do attitude to join the Active team based out of Sydney CBD covering the Western and Southern suburbs through to Sutherland.
This role will work on a long-term contract of Active’s with AusGrid and is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with a good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
You will be responsible for the safe application of earths on planned shut outs for intended/required works and the entry of data into the company's computer-based work system. You will also be required to work in with a dedicated shut out crew and provide vegetation management operations as part of that team. This role requires travel within the nominated region.
What we are looking for: -
- Relevant Electrical Trade Qualifications Essential
- Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control is highly desirable
- Strong commitment to safety
- Hold a current and unrestricted drivers’ licence (manual) - MR is highly desirable
- Hold M1804 Apply Earths (AusGrid) is preferable
- Demonstrated experience working in the vicinity of Electrical Distribution and/or Transmission systems
- Demonstrated experience in Horticulture or Arboriculture is preferred but not essential
- Open to the possibility of travel and working away from home
What we can offer you: -
- Full time permanent role with job security
- $38.09 per hour, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- 7am – 3:30pm with a RDO once a month
- Daily travel allowance
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Opportunities for training and development to progress your career within Active.
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend