Chipper Operator - No Experienced Needed
Job no: 492731
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Northern Beaches and North Shore, Sydney
Categories: Chipper, EWP Operator
This role has job security and will work on a contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to Sydney Metro and Northern Beaches. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
You will learn how to use a chipper where you will be placing cut branches safely through the chipper. You will work in a small crew, usually rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping, spotting, clean up and ground cutting using a chainsaw. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. This position is a great stepping stone into the industry with opportunities for progression including Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications and experience in the industry. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- Hourly rate plus daily travel allowance and the opportunity for overtime
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence is mandatory
- White Card is preferred
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is desirable
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- EWP ticket is desirable but not essential
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend