HSEQ Adviser – A Career Opportunity
Job no: 492865
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Geelong, Colac, Warrnambool, Bairnsdale, Bairnsdale & Gippsland, Bayswater, Beaconsfield, Benalla, Croydon, Eastern Suburbs, Gippsland, Leongatha, Lilydale, Melbourne, Mount Waverely, Northern Suburbs, Ringwood, Seymour, South Morang, Traralgon, Wangaratta, Wodonga
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. It involves the management and care of trees, in all environments where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
An career opportunity has arisen for a HSEQ Adviser to be a part of our national HSEQ team located in Victoria. The role is responsible for supporting our business across eastern Victoria from Melbourne to Wangaratta/Albury to Sale/Bairnsdale. We encourage applicants across this region to consider this role, which will be a great career entry point for up and coming HSEQ professionals, but also suitable for the experienced independent Adviser.
You will be working with and supporting our Operations Electrical Distribution contracts. This role operates with high autonomy partnering closely with Managers to embed positive safety behaviours and build HSEQ awareness and capability with field crews. You will coordinate and manage work-cover claims, undertake incident reporting, risk assessments, site visits/audits, and will interact with client HSEQ teams.
The successful applicant will be supported with formal training (Cert IV WHS, Return to Work Coordinator, Word and Excel) plus on job training to support a successful transition from Operations to HSEQ. In time, subject to success in role this will build to support Diploma level training. This is a gateway for someone who wants to kick their career to the next level and suits those with ambitions to become a senior HSEQ professional.
What’s on offer:
- A full time permanent role with job security which will prepare you for future senior HSEQ roles in industry or for more challenges within Active
- A competitive remuneration package with a fully maintained company vehicle
- The chance to implement key strategic safety initiatives
- Supportive peers who have in-depth industry knowledge
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- Environmentally conscious and certified carbon neutral national organisation
- Flexible working allow candidate to work across the region and to operate from home or office as required
What we are looking for:
- Ability to role sleeves up and learn
- Open mind with a focus on supporting a ‘can do’ attitude and driving results
- Valid and unrestricted drivers’ licence with a willingness to travel across Victoria
- Ability to build strong internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Integrity, resilience, loyalty
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a health & safety duties as HSR or Safety Coordinator
- Experience in vegetation management, utilities services sector or similar
- Cert IV WHS highly desirable
- Tertiary qualifications e.g. Health, Safety, Quality & Environment are an advantage
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend