Chipper Operator - Northern Barossa
Job no: 492867
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Adelaide, Port Pirie
About the role: -
Learn to become a Chipper Operator where you will be safely placing cut branches through our variety of Bandit Wood Chippers. Working in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw.
You will have the ability and enjoy working in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What can we offer you:-
- Full time permanent role with stability and the opportunity to progress your career
- Training, nationally accredited tickets, and licences provided
- Reward, recognition, and respect
- Competitive hourly rate plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Management who has been on the tools and listen to their crews
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Environmentally conscious and certified carbon neutral organisation
- Access to our Employee Assist Program
What we are looking for:-
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence or willingness to obtain one
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- Flexibility to live away from home where required, up to 3 months out of the year
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend