No experience required - Mechanical Trades Assistant - Bayswater
Job no: 492869
Work type: Permanent full time
We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Mechanical Trades Assistant in our Bayswater workshop. This will be a hands-on role, with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a heavy vehicle environment.
The mechanical Trades Assistant is responsible for assisting the mechanics, conducting repairs and maintenance to plant and mechanical equipment and for maintaining the workshop and associated equipment in a safe, clean and tidy condition.
Our mechanics service, repair, and maintain our diesel fleet vehicles, equipment, and machinery including Elevated Work Platform's (EWP), tippers, chippers, specialised all-terrain equipment. You will work in a supportive small team with experience and good work ethic, in an environment where no two days are ever the same.
What’s on offer:
- Entry level position to enhance your mechanical knowledge and skillset
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career
- Competitive hourly rate with the opportunity for overtime where available
- All uniforms and PPE provided
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- National organisation with the ability to move interstate
- Collaborative and positive team environment with regular BBQs
What we need in return:
- Forklift certificate (desirable) or willingness to obtain
- Previous mechanical experience (desirable)
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn and develop
- Current Manual “C” class driver’s licence is mandatory
- Current “MR” class driver’s licence (desirable) or willingness to obtain
- Positive attitude with a mature outlook
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend