Arborist/Tree Worker- Commercial - Victoria
Job no: 492369
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Melbourne, Ringwood
Categories: Arborist, Climber, EWP Operator
Arborist/Tree Worker – Safely operating specialised equipment including elevated work platforms and chainsaws to undertake all aboricultural tasks from pruning to removal.
Working throughout Victoria
- Job security in a dynamic and sustainable industry
- Competitive wages and overtime on offer
- Training and the opportunities to build a successful, diverse and challenging career
We’re Australia's largest and most innovative vegetation management company. Great people have driven our operations across Australia for over 40-yrs. We now employ over 800 team members and continue to grow. We work to protect, beautify and keep safe our communities through the provision of world-class tree care services. Our business is to value, nurture and support the people that do our work.
Our commercial/ council Victorian team has experienced significant growth and is looking for 2 full-time employees to join its team. You will be an essential part of our tree trimming crew, safely operating specialised equipment including elevated work platforms and chainsaws to undertake all aboricultural tasks from pruning to removal. You will be part of a hardworking team who is committed to complying with contractual standards and operating equipment safely and effectively.
We’re looking for people who:
- Have a ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Take safety seriously
- Support their work mates
- Make their own decisions
- Care about the community and other workers.
- Industry experience in Horticulture or Arboriculture.
- Drivers 'C' Class Licence and ability to obtain a HR truck licence.
- Willingness and ability to travel when required.
- Chainsaw experience.
- High risk Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Licence.
- Experience/ skills in Climbing highly advantageous but not essential.
What's in it for you?
- Job and income security - The role is full-time, with the opportunity for overtime and living away from home trips
- Once fully trained and qualified you’ll be set for the future in an industry that never slows down.
- Work outdoors as part of small independent teams and experience new and challenging environments
- When we find talent, we foster it - 90% of Active managers started their career on the tools.
To find out what it’s like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
Please note all shortlisted candidates will be required to:
1- attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
2- complete a drivers licence history check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend