Fleet Maintenance/Workshop Manager - Melbourne
Job no: 492373
Work type: Permanent full time
Bayswater - Mid-April 2020 Commencement
Based in our newly acquired and furnished Bayswater workshop, and reporting to the National Fleet Maintenance Manager you will lead a team and activities associated with the timely coordinating of repairs and maintenance helping to ensure that fleet and heavy equipment is available, dependable and always safe. You will assist in the development and improvement of the preventative maintenance program and make sure we comply with relevant statutory regulations. Due to growth and development, Active Tree Services has acquired a new workshop due to required expansion and we are looking for the right person to drive our continued growth and development. This role will commence in Mid-April 2020 in anticipation for our opening in July 2020.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- A high degree of technical knowledge and able to deliver solutions over the phone.
- Manage maintenance costs and provide recommendations on fleet utilisation and replacement.
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of equipment.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget
- Ensure the maintenance records for fleet are accurate and up-to-date.
- Communicate maintenance requirements to ensure maximum efficiency and ensure the implementation of corrective action as required.
- Identify team member training requirements and ensure successful completion.
- Operating maintenance software and create maintenance schedules for the fleet
- Enter and maintain maintenance record data required for compliance in maintenance software
- Train technicians across to operate fleet maintenance software
- Audit maintenance records regularly to ensure continued compliance
Abilities, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of computerised maintenance management systems
- Extensive aptitude and experience with auto and/or equipment maintenance and repairs
- Willing to work when necessary to respond to time sensitive demands beyond regularly scheduled work hours
- Excellent and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and excellent coordinating abilities
- Must be proactive and be able to pay keen attention to the smallest of details
- Ability to work as part of a multifunctional team
- Must be able to motivate other team members especially mechanics to ensure their full co-operation
- Must be able to manage time effectively and meet or exceed deadlines
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience in a similar role (in a fleet management or similar company)
- A Certificate III or above in a related trade or management
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
- All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening as well as a drivers licence record check.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend