Job no: 492380
Work type: Permanent full time
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We are an Australian owned business with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, consultancy and application services. Founded by the Willcocks family in 1974, we work to keep our communities safe and green.
An opportunity has arisen for a committed Consulting Arborist to join our Victorian team. This role will cover metropolitan Melbourne area with occasional rural travel.
The successful incumbent will work closely with our team of qualified arborists to support vegetation management services to our clients. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
- Undertaking tree assessments
- Understanding and preparing reports on client assets and worksites
- Assist with the development and implementation of tree management processes
- Supervise onsite contractors in a range of environments
What makes a successful Active team member?
Active people are bound through a common purpose and lived values which is what makes Active a great place to work. We work in small teams, our crews, often in remote and beautiful locations. Active Tree Services is proud to be a carbon neutral organisation. We all share a community focus and passion towards preserving our green spaces and making a difference.
To be successful you will need: -
- Diploma/AQF5 in Arboriculture
- Practical arboriculture experience
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literacy, especially MS Office products
- Professionally presented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Workplace Health, Safety and safe working practices
What you’ll get in return:
- Full time permanent role with an essential service provider
- An attractive remuneration package is available to the successful candidate
- Exposure to and use of innovative and cutting-edge industry technology
- Work as part of intimate yet collaborative team
- Opportunities for training and development to progress your career
- Occasional working away from home trips
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
To find out what it is like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend