EWP Operator/Tree Worker - Utilities - Western Melbourne
Job no: 492384
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: EWP Operator
Safely operating specialised equipment including elevated work platforms and chainsaws to undertake all aboricultural tasks from pruning to removal.
Jemena Contract Area - Western Melbourne
- Job security in a dynamic and sustainable industry
- Competitive wages and overtime on offer
- Training and the opportunities to build a successful, diverse and challenging career
We’re Australia's largest and most innovative vegetation management company. Great people have driven our operations across Australia for over 40-yrs. We now employ over 800 team members and continue to grow. We work to protect, beautify and keep safe our communities through the provision of world-class tree care services. Our business is to value, nurture and support the people that do our work.
At Active you'll become a valued and respected member of our tree-management team. You will be an essential part of our tree trimming crew, safely operating specialised equipment including elevated work platforms and chainsaws to undertake all aboricultural tasks from pruning to removal. You’ll have to think and problem solve, but we will make sure you are given the best tools, training and support to do your job well. You will be part of a hardworking team who is committed to complying with contractual standards and operating equipment safely and effectively.
We’re looking for people who:
- Industry related demonstratable experience
- Industry qualifications in Horticulture or Arboriculture is highly desirable
- Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control is highly desirable
- Demonstrated Chainsaw experience
- Valid and unrestricted drivers licence with a history of responsible driving (MR highly desirable)
- Attention to detail and the ability to accurately record information
- Ability to travel and work away from home as required
- High risk Elevated Work Platform (EWP) licence
- Physically fit & able to maintain consistent output throughout the working day
- Ability to work as part of a small team relying on each team member to achieve safety and productivity outcomes
- Mature outlook & good communication skills
If you’re looking for a chance to move your work outside and have an interest in operating Chainsaws, Elevated Work Platforms, and other Specialist machinery then we’d like to meet you. A Class-C driver’s licence is required and those holding or willing to obtain a HR truck licence are preferred.
What's in it for you?
- Job and income security - The role is full-time, with the opportunity for overtime and living away from home trips
- Once fully trained and qualified you’ll be set for the future in an industry that never slows down.
- Work outdoors as part of small independent teams and experience new and challenging environments
- When we find talent, we foster it - 90% of Active managers started their career on the tools.
To find out what it’s like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend