Job no: 492385
Work type: Permanent full time
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We are an Australian owned business with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, consultancy and application services. Founded by the Willcocks family in 1974, we work to keep our communities safe and green.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join our team based in Queanbeyan.
The role of Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the crew members and operational business requirements on site. This successful candidate will oversee the operations of one of our larger contracts Essential Energy across NSW.
You will be responsible for motivating, mentoring and assisting supervisors and crew members to collectively achieve operational targets and business objectives, whilst ensuring budgets are met and we remain compliant with contract requirements. This role will also provide the incumbent with the opportunity to be a key contributor to strategic decision making and support the Business Unit Manager in the management of contracts. Your proven ability to build strong relationships and utilise exceptional interpersonal skills will see you succeed in this role.
Active Tree Services is looking for a candidate who aims for continuous improvement across operations practices, understands the importance of leading by example and, can demonstrate a high-level safety focus.
What makes a successful Active team member?
Active people are bound through a common purpose and lived values which is what makes Active a great place to work. We work in small teams, our crews, often in remote and beautiful locations. Active Tree Services is proud to be a carbon neutral organisation. We all share a community focus and passion towards preserving our green spaces and making a difference.
To be successful you will need: -
- Proven experience in an Operations Management role
- Experience in Contract Management through service contracts or facilities management
- Achieved exceptional Workplace Health & Safety outcomes
- Ability to influence and engage with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understand general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss and balance sheets
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills with the ability to think on your feet
- Valid and unrestricted driving licence
What you will get in return: -
- Full time permanent role with an essential service provider
- The chance to be a part of a values driven organisation underpinned by a strong social conscious
- An attractive remuneration package with a fully maintained company vehicle
- Opportunities for ongoing learning and development to further build your career
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
To find out what it is like to work at Active go to http://www.activetreeservices.com.au/employee-stories/
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend