IT Infrastructure Manager
Job no: 492422
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Sydney, Waterloo
Categories: Information Technology
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space. We have a proud history of leading the industry in technical innovations including a custom-built Geographic Information Systems (GIS), data analytics and advanced business process systems.
We are seeking an IT Infrastructure Manager to oversee the IT Infrastructure and Support areas of our business. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this role requires a leader with a strong mix of technical and management skills and a key interest in driving process, system and infrastructure improvements. Active is currently in a transition from on-premise applications and infrastructure to the cloud (SaaS & IaaS). This role will be the key technical and management resource to lead these projects.
- Management of the IT Infrastructure & Support team
- Manage the development, maintenance, optimisation and support of network infrastructure, server infrastructure, storage, monitoring and data communications
- Lead the transition from on-premise applications and infrastructure to the cloud (SaaS & IaaS)
- Work with the CIO in the formation and execution of the IT Strategy
- Key technical escalation point and owner for all IT Infrastructure
- Drive improvements in process and technologies
- Manage disaster recovery and business continuity processes
- Project management of key IT projects with internal resources and external partners
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security with an essential service provider
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible work from home and in office (Waterloo) arrangements
- The opportunity to lead and shape you own team
- Supportive peers who have in-depth industry and technical knowledge
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to further build your career within Active
What we need in return:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technical IT Infrastructure roles and managing complex IT environments
- Ability to lead technical projects and manage a team in a busy environment autonomously
- Proved ability in leading and manage teams
- Proven record of delivering successful IT projects
- Experience working and adapting within ITIL processes
- Experience in driving transformation to the cloud
- High level experience with MS SQL infrastructure administration and the Microsoft stack
- Good experience with national WANs (Cisco Meraki desirable)
- IT / Management degree would be an advantage
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend