Elevated Work Platform (EWP) Operator and Climber - South Morang
Job no: 492576
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Melbourne, South Morang
Categories: Arborist, Climber, EWP Operator
We are looking for an EWP Operator with climbing experience with a can-do attitude to join the Active team working on our Victorian Powerlines contract, covering South Morang. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
Reporting into the Supervisor, you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices. You will also need to operate an Elevated Work Platform and cut, trim and remove trees around powerlines.
Two weeks of induction and training will be provided. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster team member development and offer opportunities for progression including Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 4pm (9 day fortnight)
- Up to $32 to $37 per hour plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime when available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket is essential
- Climbing experience is advantageous
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2)
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend