Arborist/EWP Operator - Sydney North
Job no: 492613
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Northern Beaches and North Shore, Sydney
Categories: Arborist, Chipper, Climber, EWP Operator
Active Tree Services is an industry leader in commercial arboriculture and vegetation management. We work with energy companies, councils and largescale construction projects to manage vegetation, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play.
We are looking for an Arborist/EWP Operator with a can-do attitude to join our NSW Commercial crew for Sydney North.
You will need to be able to operate an Elevated Work Platform with the ability to cut, trim and remove trees and operate a chipper machine to chip trees and branches that have been cut down from around powerlines. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Truck Driver, Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- $29 to $36 per hour plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket is advantageous
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) or willingness to obtain
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly regarded but not essential)
- Open to travel and working away from home
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend