Climbing Arborist - Darwin
Job no: 492618
Work type: Permanent full time
This role will work on our commercial contracts, and can be based out of our Livingstone depot, however, does not have to be limited to this area.
You will have industry experience and need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices. You will be required to operate on an Elevated Work Platform to trim branches and vegetation around powerlines.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with an essential service
- Earn between $32 to $36 per hour (plus allowances) with the opportunity for overtime
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Paid living away from home allowance where applicable
- Access to innovative technology and equipment
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment and wildlife
- Active foster the development of their employees and always look to promote from within
What we are looking for:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Cert III in Arboriculture (AQF3 or equivalent) or minimum 3 years industry experience
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is essential
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2)
- Complex tree climbing, Aerial Rigging & Aerial Rescue qualifications are desirable
- EWP licence is essential
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- Open to the possibility of travel around Northern Territory and working away from home
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend