Truck and Chipper Operator - Darwin
Job no: 492634
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Darwin, Humpty Doo
Categories: Chipper, EWP Operator, Grounds Person
This role can be based out of our Darwin depot and will cover surrounding areas.
You must have an MR Truck Licence as a minimum, with HR highly desirable. As well as truck driving, you will ultimately also need to be able to operate a chipper machine to chip trees and branches that have been cut down. You will undertake all aspects of tree maintenance work in a safe and effective way. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications and experience in the industry. You will have the ability to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with an essential service
- Job security despite current lockdown restrictions
- Earn between $30 to $35 an hour (plus allowances) with the opportunity for overtime
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Access to innovative technology and specialised machinery
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment and wildlife
- A company that fosters the development of their employees and always look to promote from within
What we are looking for:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- White card
- A MR class driver’s licence is essential
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Cert II or III Horticulture/Arboriculture is highly advantageous
- EWP Licence is desirable
- Flexibility to work away from home when required (you will be paid an allowance for this)
- A passion and respect for safety with the ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend and pass a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
Please call Byron Hobbs for further information on 0499 814 666.
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”.
Advertised: AUS Central Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend