Climbing Arborist - Launceston
Job no: 492663
Work type: Permanent full time
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
This role has job security and will work on a contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to the North East of Tasmania based out of Launceston. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
Reporting into the Supervisor, you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices. You will also occasionally need to operate an Elevated Work Platform and cut, trim and remove trees.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster and grow their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Team Leader and Supervisor.
What we can offer you:-
- Full time permanent role with job security
- Earn up to $31 an hour plus allowances with opportunity for overtime where available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
What we are looking for:-
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Climbing experience
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket or willingness to obtain one
- Chainsaw operation qualification is essential
- Cert II or III Horticulture/Arboriculture or Aerial Rigging & Aerial Rescue qualifications are advantageous
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
- Flexibility to work away from home when required
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend