Apprentice Heavy Diesel Mechanic - Mount Kuring-Gai
Job no: 492666
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Mt Kuring-Gai
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
We have a unique and competitive position in the industry where we are able to work on a large variety of specialised equipment which sets us apart from your standard workshop. We are looking to have a 1st year apprentice join our team.
Reporting into the Fleet Maintenance Manager you will be assisting with servicing, repairing, and maintenance of our diesel fleet vehicles, equipment, and machinery including Elevated Work Platform's (EWP), tippers, chippers, specialised all-terrain equipment, and excavators. You will work in a small team with experienced mechanics with good work ethic, and in an environment where no two days are ever the same.
What’s on offer:
- Full time support including an Induction, ongoing training and mentoring whilst working alongside experienced and knowledgeable mechanics
- Gain a nationally recognised TAFE qualification
- Immediate start for the right applicant
- Competitive hourly rate, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- All uniforms and PPE provided
- Opportunities for training and development, including the chance to increase your technical knowledge with exposure to specialised equipment
- The ability to progress your career within Active
What we need in return:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Willing to obtain a MR or HR licence if required
- Ability to work well within a team and have strong communication skills
- Experience working within workshops is highly desirable but not mandatory
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend