Job no: 492678
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Arborist, Climber
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
Our Victorian business is currently expanding and we are looking for the best operators in the business to help with our growth. We are seeking experienced Climbing Arborists with a can-do attitude to join the Active team working in Melbourne’s Eastern and South Eastern suburbs. The work will be interesting and varied and we need people who can plan out jobs that can vary from simple to very complex.
Reporting into the Supervisor you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices.
Induction and training will be provided. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with a good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What we are looking for: -
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Climbing experience
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket or willingness to obtain one
- Chainsaw operation ticket
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
What we can offer you: -
- Full time permanent role with job security
- $69K - $79K per annum
- Ongoing opportunities for overtime
- 7am – 4pm with RDO once a fortnight (work a 9-day fortnight)
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note applications from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered at this time.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend