EWP Operator - Port Pirie
Job no: 492748
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Port Pirie
Categories: EWP Operator
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
Active is looking to appoint an EWP Operator to join our Port Pirie crew.
About the role: -
You will work in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties. You will undertake all aspects of tree maintenance work in a safe and effective way. Trimming and dismantling trees around powerlines when in the bucket of an Elevated Work Platform. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained innovative equipment and leading technology.
You will have the ability to work in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What we are looking for:-
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence would be advantageous
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- EWP Licence is essential
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
What can we offer you:-
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career anywhere in Australia
- Training and development through nationally accredited qualifications
- Competitive hourly rate plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- An organisation who will look after you and your career
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend