Tree Workers - Warrnambool
Job no: 492786
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Colac, Warrnambool, Geelong
Categories: Arborist, Chipper, Climber, EWP Operator
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
These roles have job security and will work on a newly secured contract within our powerlines division covering South West Victoria such as Colac, Warrnambool and Geelong. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
Chipper Operators - you will be placing cut branches safely through our variety of Bandit Wood Chippers. You will work in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw.
EWP Operators - you will undertake all aspects of tree maintenance work in a safe and effective way. Trimming and dismantling trees around powerlines when in the bucket of an Elevated Work Platform.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career anywhere in Australia
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- Competitive hourly rate plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence is mandatory
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is desirable
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence is desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening. COVID-19 vaccine verification will be required for mandated states/contracts.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend