Mechanic or Fitter - Bayswater
Job no: 492793
Work type: Permanent full time
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
We have a large fleet of vehicles we rely on to service our client’s needs, and we are looking for a Mechanic or Fitter with a can-do attitude to be based in our facility located in Bayswater, Victoria.
You will be responsible for the servicing, repairing, and maintenance of our diesel fleet vehicles, equipment, and machinery including Elevated Work Platform's (EWP), tippers, chippers, specialised all-terrain equipment. You will work in a supportive small team with experience and good work ethic, in an environment where no two days are ever the same.
We are looking for either a fully qualified diesel mechanic or light vehicle mechanic looking to upskill or Fitter.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career
- Competitive hourly rate with the opportunity for overtime where available
- All uniforms and PPE provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to gain formal qualifications
- On-site training provided by industry experienced qualified mechanics
- Carbon neutral national organisation with the ability to move interstate
- Collaborative and positive team environment
What we need in return:
- Mechanical qualification (Cert III Minimum)
- Experience with Medium rigid trucks or a willingness to learn
- Auto Electrical experience highly regarded
- Understanding of hydraulic systems desirable
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude
- A valid unrestricted drivers licence (MR/HR highly desirable)
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply:
To Make Australia Your Office, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend