Chipper Operator - Southern Adelaide
Job no: 492842
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Adelaide, Edwardstown, Mount Gambier, Murray Bridge, Port Pirie
Active is looking to appoint Chipper Operators to join our Southern crew covering but not limited to between Morphett Vale and Victor Harbour.
Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
About the role: -
All you need is the right attitude and a truck licence.
Learn to become a Chipper Operator where you will be safely placing cut branches through our variety of Bandit Wood Chippers. Working in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw.
You will have the ability and enjoy working in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What we are looking for:-
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is essential
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II ESI Powerline Vegetation Control or Cert III Horticulture/Arboriculture are highly advantageous)
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- Flexibility to live away from home where required, up to 3 months out of the year
What can we offer you:-
- Full time permanent role with stability and the opportunity to progress your career
- Training, nationally accredited tickets, and licences provided
- Reward, recognition, and respect
- Competitive hourly rate plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Management who has been on the tools and listen to their crews
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Supportive and positive environment with like-minded individuals
- Access to our Employee Assist Program
We are an Australian family owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend