Tree Worker – Eastern Suburbs
Job no: 492843
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Bayswater, Eastern Suburbs, Lilydale, Melbourne
Categories: Arborist, Chipper, EWP Operator, Grounds Person
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
We are seeking applications from individuals in the Eastern and South-eastern Suburbs of Melbourne who are interested in arboriculture and enjoy working outdoors. Working in a small team, as a Tree Worker you will:
- Learn how to operate and maintain a chainsaw.
- Learn how to safely operate and feed tree debris into a chipper machine.
- Learn how to safely operate an Elevated Work Platform and perform at heights tree trimming.
- Learn how to safely set up a work site, including minor traffic control.
- Lean to control and manage minor traffic.
- Work in a small team, rotating through duties
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- White card – is advantageous
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- Ability to work as part of a team
- HR Truck Licence – highly advantageous
What’s on offer:
- Full-time permanent positions available
- $26.00 - 35.00 per hour + competitive allowances and overtime available
- Work-life balance: RDO a fortnight
- Attain in demand licences and tickets (EWP Licence, Chainsaw ticket, Chipper operation ticket, control traffic, Provide First Aid)
- Attain a Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control
- All PPE and uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- Further on-the-job and formal development opportunities available.
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening. COVID-19 vaccine verification will be required for mandated states/contracts.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend