Entry Level – Tree Worker – Queanbeyan
Job no: 492851
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Canberra, Queanbeyan
We are seeking applications from individuals in and around Queanbeyan/Canberra who are interested in arboriculture and enjoy working outdoors. Working in a small team, as a Tree Worker you will:
- Learn how to operate and maintain a chainsaw.
- Learn how to safely operate and feed tree debris into a chipper machine.
- Learn how to safely operate an Elevated Work Platform and perform at heights tree trimming.
- Learn how to safely set up a work site, including minor traffic control.
- Lean to control and manage minor traffic.
- Work in a small team, rotating through duties
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence.
- You will be enthusiastic, motivated and willing to continually develop both professionally and personally.
What’s on offer:
- Full-time permanent positions available
- $28.30 per hour + competitive allowances and overtime available
- Work-life balance: RDO one per month
- Attain licences and tickets (EWP Licence, Chainsaw ticket, Chipper operation ticket, control traffic, Provide First Aid)
- Attain a Certificate II in ESI – Powerline Vegetation Control
- All PPE and uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- Further on-the-job and formal development opportunities available
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening. COVID-19 vaccine verification will be required for mandated states/contracts.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend