Leading Hand - Bayswater
Job no: 492872
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Management, Fleet
We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team as a Leading Hand Diesel Mechanic at our Bayswater workshop. This will be a hands-on role, with the opportunity to develop and put into practice team management skills.
Reporting to the State Fleet Maintenance Manager, the Leading Hand Mechanic will ensure a smooth running of day to day operations. Mentoring the workshop team (including apprentices) to ensure that the maintenance occurs on all fleet, plant and diesel machinery in a timely and efficient manner.
The Leading Hand Mechanic and team will carry out maintenance and regular servicing on fleet, plant and diesel machinery to ensure all are in safe and road-worthy condition.
You and your team will be servicing, repairing, and maintaining our diesel fleet vehicles, equipment, and machinery including Elevated Work Platform's (EWP), tippers, chippers, specialised all-terrain equipment. You will work in a supportive small team with experience and good work ethic, in an environment where no two days are ever the same.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career
- Vehicle for work use and mobile phone provided
- Competitive hourly rate with the opportunity for overtime where available
- All uniforms and PPE provided
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- A chance to enhance your management skills and make a difference
- National organisation with the ability to move interstate
- Collaborative and positive team environment with regular BBQs
What we need in return:
- Mechanical qualification (Cert III Minimum)
- Experience with Medium rigid trucks
- Auto Electrical experience highly regarded
- Understanding of hydraulic systems desirable
- Highly motivated, with a positive attitude
- A valid unrestricted drivers licence
- MR/HR truck licence or willingness to obtain one
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office, click “Apply Now”.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend