Senior BI Developer
Job no: 492883
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Mona Vale, NSW, Sydney, Waterloo
Categories: Information Technology
Active is looking to appoint a Senior BI Developer to be based in Sydney, we are flexible, and you can be based out of our office in Mona Vale, Waterloo or Ingleside.
This business-critical role reporting to the Reporting Lead will see you developing and maintaining a data management discipline and associated processes where you will ensure data amalgamation, integration from source systems as well as development and maintenance of an enterprise integration suite, ensuring best practice.
Furthermore, you will assist the relevant executives in delivering information such as analytical reports and dashboards based on the business needs in an accurate and timely manner.
In this role you will
- Design, develop, and deploy BI data solutions across the business by developing analytical reports and dashboards in various reporting platforms such as Qlikview, SSRS and Power BI
- Create complex SQL queries, stored procedures and ETL’s or data pipelines based on the business needs
- Collaborate and drive data culture with BI & Analytics
- Help drive and evangelise PowerBI as a tool and platform in the organisation
- Synthesize other data sources, including customer research, competitor analysis and market performance to augment analysis and quality of recommendations
- Train and guide other stakeholders on how to self-source analytics and help them facilitate their data needs
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Business, Technology or other related field, or an equivalent level of work experience
- Prior experience in a data analyst, product analyst or other analytical role, ideally within a Business Intelligence team
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence, Business Process Management and other aspects of reporting/analytics
- Significant and demonstrated experience with Qlikview and MS stack such as SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS and PowerBI
- Able to write complex SQL Scripts, views, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience with Azure Cloud such as Azure Data pipelines, Azure SQL Database and Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Machine Learning would be an added advantage
- Be a self-motivator that has end-to-end skill set, with a strong technical background as well as customer-centric approach
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to negotiate, consult and liaise with business, technical and supplier personnel on complex and technical issues and to develop and present reports, submissions, and recommendations for both technical and non-technical audiences
What can we offer you
- Flexible working from home arrangements
- A market competitive remuneration package between $100,000 and $125,000 plus superannuation and incentivised bonus program
- Generous carbon neutral organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
- A positive and collaborative culture that allows you to own and grow your ideas
- Employee Assistance Program that offers you and your family support
- Laptop and phone provided
We are an Australian family-owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and green asset consultancy services. Comprising of Active Tree Services, Active Green Services and Aerial Access, we have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend