Chipper Operator - Port Pirie - No experience needed
Job no: 492747
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Port Pirie
Active is Australia’s largest provider of arboriculture, ecological and green asset management services. We service and advise major cities, governments, and utility companies across Australia, to help keep our communities safe and green.
Our people and the teams they work in are the most important and valued part of Active. From tree climbers to software developers, fleet managers to heavy machinery operators, we are diverse in our skill sets, backgrounds, and locations.
This role has job security and will work on a contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to the Port Pirie. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
You will learn how to become a chipper operator within a team where you will be placing cut branches safely through our variety of Bandit Wood Chippers. You will work in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. This position is a great stepping stone into the industry with opportunities for progression throughout the business including ticketed EWP Operator, Tree Climber, Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in arboriculture/horticulture and/or qualifications and is eager to learn. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- Hourly rate plus daily travel allowance and the opportunity for overtime
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Work for a generous organisation that cares for the environment, wildlife and promotes from within
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence is mandatory
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is desirable
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Visit our website to learn more about our people, customers and communities in which we work. Learn about the practical support we provide to many Australia run charities.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening. COVID-19 vaccine verification will be required for mandated states/contracts.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend