Climbing Arborist - Hobart
Job no: 492832
Work type: Permanent full time
Categories: Arborist, Climber
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
This role has job security and will work on a contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to Southern Tasmania based out of Hobart. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
Reporting into the Supervisor, you will need to be able to efficiently and effectively trim and dismantle trees by using complex climbing techniques, whilst ensuring safe work practices. You will also occasionally need to operate an Elevated Work Platform and cut, trim and remove trees.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster and grow their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Team Leader and Supervisor.
What we can offer you:-
- Full time permanent role with job security
- Competitive base rate plus allowances with opportunity for overtime where available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
- The opportunity to work with an industry leader that genuinely cares about people the environment and communities in which we work
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- National organisation with the ability to move interstate
What we are looking for:-
- Climbing experience and/or Cert II or III Horticulture/Arboriculture or Aerial Rigging & Aerial Rescue qualifications
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket or willingness to obtain one
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2)
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
- Flexibility to work away from home when required
Visit our website to learn more about our people and their Active journey.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend