Chipper Operator - Hobart
Job no: 492853
Work type: Permanent full time
This role will see you work within our powerlines division covering not limited to Southern Tasmania based out of Hobart. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites with opportunities to live away from home.
Learn to become a Chipper Operator where you will be safely placing cut branches through our variety of Bandit Wood Chippers. Working in a small crew, rotating throughout the day between duties such as chipping vegetation, safety observing, setting up a safe worksite, site clean-up and ground cutting using a chainsaw.
This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology.
You will enjoy working in a physically demanding outdoor environment in various types of weather conditions. You will not be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into hard physical work.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with the opportunity to progress your career anywhere in Australia with a national industry leader
- 8.5 hour shift from 7.00am to 4pm
- Work life balance with an RDO - one per fortnight
- Competitive hourly rate plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- Personalised high-quality PPE and uniform provided
- Full training and ongoing support from industry experts
- Access to innovative technology and machinery
- Support from our Employee Assist Programme
- Environmentally conscious and certified carbon neutral organisation
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence is mandatory
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is advantageous or willingness to obtain one
- Flexibility to live away from home up to 3 or 4 months out of the year
- A passion and respect for safety, Home Safe Every Day is our number one value
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
If you want to Make Australia Your Office click “Apply Now”
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend